Test

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Live and Learn :)

Well, these three did not turn out quite like I had hoped. The stones are called Sonora Sunrise jasper and I knew their colors were a little too fantastic to be natural. They are dyed and I just found out that they change color with heat. Dern it!

This photo was taken indoors and the colors are off just a bit so I will take new photos outside tomorrow. They were more pastel with yellows, pink, peach, green and blue. Now....not so much. :(

On a less happy note (LOL) I still have not heard from the game developer's lawyer regarding their illegal use of my copyrighted image. A few weeks ago I was playing a hidden object game and to my shock, what I found hidden there were images of one of the vases I made! What are the odds of me stumbling across them?! I can't help but wonder if maybe it is happening much more than I realize. 
 Have you all heard of Pinterest? It is a place to collect and 'pin' all of your favorite photos, articles, recipes and more. Visit my boards here and check out the 'Loaf of Pug' LOL! People are so crazy and creative. XD  Each photo you pin  can be clicked on to be taken to the original source.


8 comments:

serpil said...

These stones are incredible.You did something amazing again :) I hope you get good news from your lawyer soon. I like your work a lot :)

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you very much Serpil!

Loria Designs said...

These are just wonderful Chris, amazing job as usual!

jeaninholland said...

Lynn, you once wrote me that you were trying to develop a "style of your own." I knew you had already succeeded! Any clayer playing that memory game will recognize your work. Your name and style are both well known in the claying community. I can pick your work out from any group of pieces.

luvjean
jeaninholland

SecretosDeCuca said...

You work is simply amazing! I've followed it for a year o so (since I found it) and it's great.
I have my own blog, if you wanna visit it, you are more than welcome.
Congratulations!!

http://lossecretosdecuca.blogspot.com/

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you SecretosDeCuca! I love what you are doing with polymer clay. It is very unique!

Georgie Galante Artmaker said...

Would love to see the new photos of your pieces, since I can't imagine how these can be improved! Really, really fabulous.
On the copyright situation...if you are not aware, lawyers have all the time in the world, especially if they want you to tire and go away. Copyright is a serious offense, but fighting costs money and lawyers know that. I suggest you contact the Copyright Office in Washington, DC and ask them what your rights are and how to go about getting these guys to move (if they haven't already). Find out if there are government departments you can "entice" them with...example: if you're unhappy with your health insurance you can report them to the Attorney General. You may be able to report these guys to the AG too, I'm not certain. It seems a crime that you'd have to incur expense for their disregard of copyright. Oh, and be sure to save your original picture posted on your computer...the date will show proof of copyright. Hope this helps a bit. And, in closing, for me, I'd take a one time payment or residuals. You still own the piece.

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you Georgie! The lawyer for the game developer said that they have removed the images and released a new version of the game. I have not checked to see if what they say is true but it still does not change all the copies of the game they've already sold with the image in it.
Thank you very much for your kind words and advice, I really appreciate it!
Chris