Test

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My latest project..a Coral Reef!

I finally started on a project for a co-worker. He asked me to make a journal cover with an ocean theme in turquoise, blue and green.  I started on it last night and this is what I have so far. 

The polymer clay piece is nearly done, I just need to add a bit more coral and little pebbles. Then I'll add the acrylic patina to bring out the textures. I also plan to paint the book with my new concoction of powdered pigments, alcohol ink and Future floor finish...LOL! 

The shells are real and there are glass gems and little metal charms but the rest is handmade out of clay.

I recently bought a book by Donna Kato called 'The Art of Polymer Clay Millefiori Techniques'  Oh my gosh...I LOVE it! I can't wait to get started on some of the projects inside. There are examples of works by other PC artists and Kathleen Dustin and Barbara Sperling...and of course Donna Kato are amazing!! You really should check it out. ;)


3 comments:

serpil said...

This is amazing!I am in love with all the works you did ,in fact :)

Bad Molly said...

Hola, soy de España y he llegado aqui por casualidad ;P debo decirte que me encanta lo que haces, enhorabuena por tu blog!! Magnifico!!

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you both very much!