Test

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hellooo Summer!!

My gosh....it is nearly June! I have a few new things to show you. I fell into a slump for about a month or so but I'm back! LOL I just finished a few new journals. I am really fond of leaving the raw edges on the clay right now. It gives the look of handmade paper. I have also been blending colors together and using up scrap clay that I am afraid will get dry and crumbly if I don't use it soon. :) I really love the 'Raspberry Dreams' journal and it was made of four different colors of scrap clay. I rolled it through the pasta machine many times, blending the colors and stopped when the color looked just right. The trick is knowing when to stop LOL. 
I also made a cute little 'filigree' cat by covering a wooden figurine I found at the thrift store with ropes of clay. I also worked some colorful seed beads into the design. I just can't seem to get a good photo of it....sooooo frustrating!

I am excited that summer is just around the corner and I look forward to swimming and catching some rays. I LOVE to swim. I used to swim every day, even in the winter (we have an indoor pool here) and I got out of the habit...I really need to get back to it. It's a great way to exercise. :)) I am like a cork too so after I have been swimming laps for an hour or so I will stop and just relax on top of the water. I can just lay there as though I were laying on a water bed LOL! One night I swam until well after dark and I was relaxing on top of the water watching for falling stars and I dozed off for a moment. I had to laugh at myself because I could just imagine someone passing by and seeing a 'dead' body floating in the pool ha ha ha!!

Talk to you soon!

6 comments:

serpil said...

These are marvellous :)

Lavender Rabbit said...

Awesome! Love your work. The kitty is adorable!

Gaina said...

Hi Chris :). I love your journals! I was very inspired when I first saw you use glass nuggets in your work and I have incorporated them into my final piece for my degree. I shall put photos in my blog when it's all up and ready to show.

The cat is wonderful! How long and what temperature did you back it at?

Chris Kapono said...

Hi Gaina,
Thank you very much! I love it when I have inspired someone. :)) I can't wait to see what you created.
I never kept track of the time it took to finish the cat sculpt but it was many hours....MANY hours LOL! I used Fimo clay and you bake it at 230 degrees for 30 minutes.

Gaina said...


I never kept track of the time it took to finish the cat sculpt but it was many hours....MANY hours LOL! I used Fimo clay and you bake it at 230 degrees for 30 minutes.


Thanks :). I just wondered if you had to treat it any differently because if the wood underneath :)

I actually found a photo of one of the pieces I made before I put it on the box - 3rd pic down.

http://twitpic.com/photos/charming_stoat

I used super sculpey with a Makin's extruder and painted it with silver acrylic :)

CharitaA_Reese said...

生活總是起起伏伏,心情要保持快樂才好哦!!........................................