Test

Friday, March 5, 2010

OMG OMG OMG!!






I am still stunned by this and it feels so surreal....but, I was contacted by an associate producer of the Martha Stewart show and she asked if I would be interested in coming on the show and teaching Martha how to decorate Easter eggs with polymer clay! Ahhh....!!! I answered lots of questions and sent her images of some sample eggs and now I am waiting (im)patiently to hear back. She said that they are choosing between several egg ideas so it is not a sure thing but STILL...I say again...Ahhhhhh!

Even if my ideas are not chosen I am thrilled that I got their attention! Now, my advice to all of my fellow artists is "Be prepared for the unexpected!".....errr, how do you prepare for....oh, nevermind...but you know what I mean. Anything can happen...and when you least expect it.

I am getting ready to put together my first online class. I think people will like what I do because anyone can do it with step by step instructions. I really admire my fellow polymer clay artists and their skill with surface techniques and faux finishes etc but my simple designs could be made by a beginner...which is what I am really LOL.

I am including a few new pieces that I've recently created. Hope you like them! :))

15 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

WOW!!! Congratulations...that's awesome.

luthien said...

OMG!!! that is awesome!!!! congratulations my fren :) and even if you say

"my simple designs could be made by a beginner...which is what I am really LOL."

i dare say it surpasses many pc artists who may have better techniques .. becos art is not only techniques ... it's innate creativity, an eye for design,color and beauty, ability to be innovative, ability to deviate and invent, able to be ooak, different and unique, and passion ...

and i say you have all of the above and more my friend :) remember who inspired me to take up pc?? ;) you deserve all the notice you are getting :)

Chris Kapono said...

*blush* Thank you so much!

Gaina said...

That's great news! I love the new stuff :).

Mari said...

How very exciting! Of course you deserve to be featured on MS, you make some amazing things! Always such gorgeous work... she should be proud to have *you*!

lisa_crofts said...

OMG Chris that is so exciting just to get the call. WOW congratulations on your new found fame it was only a matter of time.

Tonja Lenderman said...

OMG is right !!!!! Just to be contacted is a big deal. :) Very cool. Congrats Chris !

m.e. said...

That is sooooooooo cool!!!!
I am a BIG fan of your wonderful work !
A well deserved opportunity to showcase your egg-excellent creations !!!
m.e. :)

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you all very much! I'll keep you posted. :))

甜蜜滋味 said...

生活總是起起伏伏,心情要保持快樂才好哦!!........................................

怡如 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SaraMec! said...

Hi!! I'm Sara, an italian girl that visit your blog every day!!!I love your art so much! ..I don't know what is OMG, but...congratulations, I understand that is a very important thing!
I also do works whit polymer clay, visit my blog if you like!
http://bijouxmonamour.iobloggo.com
Is written in italian...but you can see my work!
I apologize for my English I hope I have not made too many mistakes!
Bye!!
Sara

Chris Kapono said...

Hi Sara!
Thank you so much for your kind words (and you wrote the english flawlessly!).
You visit my blog every day? Oh dear, I need to post more often LOL!! I am now off to visit your blog and admire your work.
Thanks so much!
Chris

Janice at Blessed Bead Jewelry said...

Wow! That is so exciting, Chris! I hope you get to do it. I am sure it will be wonderful.

慧珊雅俊 said...

很棒的分享~留言支持! .........................................