Test

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Get Back you Swine!






Well, I am happy to say that I am beginning to feel like my old self again! I was sick with the H1N1 virus and it really kicked my backside for awhile.
I was at work on Monday, October 12th and I felt fine but all of a sudden I became stuffy and I couldn't breathe through my nose. I thought it was allergies. The next morning I woke up with a very sore throat and a cough. The cough was the worst, it felt like my lungs were on fire. Lots and lots of coughing, in fact I'm still coughing nearly two weeks later but it is getting better. The doc prescribed a cough suppressant with codeine. High fever, body aches and a headache that lasted for days.....not fun. There was a point when I thought I might need to call 911 because it was getting harder and harder to breathe! It was rather alarming to say the least.
I'm so glad I stayed home from work when the first flu symptoms appeared. Who knows how many coworkers I would have infected. I just don't know where it came from. Someone told me that the virus can live on an object for about 6 hours or so. I guess if that is true it could have come from any number of things. The handle of a shopping cart, a door knob, money....who knows.
Anyhoo...the good news is I am getting better and better and actually felt like working with clay again. I finished two pieces today that you see here.
I hope you all stay healthy, and if you do get sick I hope you make it through as well as I did. Take care!

4 comments:

luthien said...

OMG!!! that must have been hell for you! UGH!! swine flu ... we get quite a few cases here too but unfortunately, ppl just dun really care ... they just mingle with the public even when they are having it!!

i'm soooooo glad to hear you are getting better!! and as always, your creations just blow me away everytime!!!

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you so much Luthien! I feel better every day. :)

WonderfulWire said...

Oh I'm so glad you are alright!! I hope you get stronger and stronger every day and your cough goes away soon! *Your newest pieces are absolutely beautiful... I just love your style! :)

Marcia P. said...

Glad you're feeling better! The peices are absolutley wonderful!