Test

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Secret Potion Bottle



Just finished this polymer clay and glass flask. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out! I took a glass flask and covered it in black and brown Fimo, gave it texture in some areas, then added some creamy glass gems and pieces of chain. I added the swirls and little pebbly bits of clay (it takes forever!) and then it was put in the oven to cure.
After the clay was cured, I put a wash of burnt umber and black acrylic over the surface and wiped it from the raised areas. Then I touched it here and there with metallic paint. It looks like it is covered in tanned leather. My friends say that it looks like a secret potion bottle or that a genie will appear if you rub it.....hmmm....let's give that a try! It is listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

missficklemedia.com said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the way your eye flows upwards towards the bottle neck when you first see it and the deep, intense colors you've chosen.
Beautiful craftsmanship!

Chris Kapono said...

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words! :)

le blog de vero said...

I just discover your blog and art (shame on me...). All my words for the moments are "Oh my God !". In fact NO words to say how stunning is what I see.

Need more time to discover and understand the way you work, it is so beautiful.

xoxo VĂ©ronique