Test

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm Excited! Two New Vases Just Finished!





I've just finished two new vases and I'm really pleased with the way they've turned out!
One is a Mikasa ceramic vase that I have covered in polymer clay in various shades of green and blue-green. I added a brass butterfly and aqua blue glass gems then textured the clay. After it was cured I gave it an acrylic wash in burnt umber and black and wiped it off the raised areas. This adds 'shadows' and gives depth. It also tones down the bright color of the clay. Once that was dry I added touches of metallic Rub-n-buff in emerald, jade, gold leaf and chinese red.
The second vase is my most favorite. This little stoneware vase was covered in black Fimo Soft polymer clay, the texture was added then the czech iridescent glass beads, iridescent red glass gems, clay ropes and pebbly bits were added. Once cured I added Rub-n-buff in Chinese Red, ruby, emerald and jade green and gold leaf.
They are both water-tight and could be used for fresh, silk or dried flowers. They also look pretty all by themselves. :)

Today is the last day for the 'Yart' Sale on Etsy! Lots of juicy deals in my shop with free shipping offers, discounts and free OOAK handmade (by me) gifts! Check it out! Just click on this blog title to visit my shop. To see other great deals just search "Yart Sale" and for other wonderful polymer clay creations search "PCAGOE" (Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy)

Thanks!

No comments: