Test

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day! New Organic Pod Vase finished






Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

This is a vase/candle holder that I just finished for my Dad. It has an organic look to it don't you think? Lotus pod type texture and roots or vines meandering across the surface. It is a glass bubble bowl covered in black and brown Fimo and painted here and there with acrylic and metallic paint. There are holes cut in the clay to allow the light to shine through. Hope he likes it! You can click on this blog title and it will take you to my deviantART gallery with more views.

The second photo is a little arrangement I made using things that I found on my walks through the woods; a fungus of some sort, a small stone, galls on a twig, a spikey dried seed pod and artificial ivy leaves and berries (didn't find those on my walks of course :) ) all arranged in a little ceramic pot.

No comments: