Test

Friday, April 10, 2009

Where are you spring?

Here it is, nearly mid April and the weather is almost winter like. In fact less than a week ago after a streak of warm wonderful spring-like weather, we had a snowstorm! The snow melted quickly but still....!
I often dream of moving to Southern California or New Mexico where the temperature remains fairly consistent, at least compared to Missouri. There have been times, here in the Midwest, when the temperature dropped 50 degrees or more in one day. Some say " if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes" It seems to be true quite often. So, thoughts of palm trees swaying in the breeze and temps in the 70's most days sounds simply wonderful.
But, you know...I think I'd actually miss the change of the seasons. Especially the remarkable transformation from dead, brown foliage and naked trees to the day that the trees burst into full bloom seemingly over night. Suddenly there are flowers everywhere, the grass is bright green and lush and the birds are in full chorus.
My second favorite season is fall. It is such a relief when the temperature drops from the 90's and 100's to 60 or 70 degrees. Ahhh......! Even though it is sad to see the days growing shorter, I love all of the sights and smells of fall. Albert Camus said "Autumn is like a second spring, when every leaf is a flower" How true!
I have to get busy with my clay before the weather gets too hot. My little toaster/convection oven works great to cure my polymer clay and doesn't heat up the house like the regular stove does but the temp in my house, with the air conditioner running constantly, never drops below 80 degrees and the clay gets all sticky and squishy. What a mess LOL!
Well, here's to spring! Don't be shy, we are waiting for you!

No comments: